15/12/2018 - 30/12/2018
Sleeping Beauty by Rufus Norris
Chichester Festival Theatre, Oaklands Park, Chichester
Tickets from £10. Suitable for ages 7+.
Read our feature on this year’s Chichester Festival programme.
Phone 01243 781312 or visit cft.org.uk.
National Theatre Live Encore: The Madness of George III
The Hawth, Hawth Avenue, Crawley
Monday December 17, 7pm
Tickets £16/discounts £14
Mark Gatiss, the star of TV’s Sherlock and Wolf Hall, and Adrian Scarborough, from Gavin and Stacey, star in a new production of this epic play by Alan Bennett, which was also adapted into a BAFTA Award-winning film following its premiere on stage in 1991. It’s 1786 and King George III is the most powerful man in the world. But his behaviour is becoming increasingly erratic as he succumbs to fits of lunacy. With the King’s mind unravelling at a dramatic pace, ambitious politicians and the scheming Prince of Wales threaten to undermine the power of the Crown, and expose the fine line between a King and a man. Picture: Creative by Wren.
Phone 01293 553636 or visit parkwoodtheatres.co.uk.
- 10 top pop music acts playing Sussex this season
- 20 stars of the Eighties are coming out to play in Sussex this season
- 8 gorgeous places in Sussex to see the glow of autumn colour
- 30 great things for children to see and do this half-term
- Get your curious kids down to Brighton Science Festival for a bit of rocket science, robot wars and some vomiting pumpkins