National Theatre Live: Antony & Cleopatra (12A)
The Hawth, Hawth Avenue, Crawley
Monday December 10, 3pm
Tickets £16/over 60s and students £14
Ralph Fiennes and Sophie Okonedo play Shakespeare’s famous fated couple in his great tragedy of politics, passion and power. Caesar and his assassins are dead. General Mark Antony now rules alongside his fellow defenders of Rome. But at the fringes of a war-torn empire the Egyptian Queen Cleopatra and Mark Antony have fallen fiercely in love. In a tragic fight between devotion and duty, obsession becomes a catalyst for war. Picture: Jason Bell.
Phone 01293 553636 or visit parkwoodtheatres.co.uk.
Screen One, The Capitol Horsham, North Street, Horsham
Monday December 10, 8pm
Horsham Film Society presents Loveless, directed by Andrey Zvyagintsev, written by Oleg Negin and starring Maryana Spivak, Aleksey Rozin, Matvey Novikov and Marina Vasilyeva. Zhenya and Boris are going through a vicious divorce marked by resentment, frustration and recriminations. Already embarking on new lives, each with a new partner, they are impatient to start again, to turn the page – even if it means threatening to abandon their 12-year-old son Alyosha. After witnessing one of their fights, Alyosha disappears…
Phone 01403 750220 or visit thecapitolhorsham.com.
- 10 top pop music acts playing Sussex this season
- 20 stars of the Eighties are coming out to play in Sussex this season
- 8 gorgeous places in Sussex to see the glow of autumn colour
- 30 great things for children to see and do this half-term
- Get your curious kids down to Brighton Science Festival for a bit of rocket science, robot wars and some vomiting pumpkins