Brighton Philharmonic Orchestra
Brighton Dome, Church Street, Brighton
Sunday December 2, 2.45pm
Tickets £12.50-£39.50/u18s and students half price
The conductor Ben Gernon and the violinist Tamsin Waley-Cohen explore works of irresistible zest and wit by two musical titans. First, Mozart’s Symphony No 35 is full of energy and invention, while his Fifth Violin Concerto is spirited and serene by turns, with a lightness of touch that verges on the mischievous. Then the Brighton Philharmonic Orchestra scales the peaks of Beethoven’s romping Seventh Symphony, which surges to one of the most thrilling endings in all music.
Phone 01273 709709 or visit brightondome.org.
Mark Bebbington Piano Recital
Studio, The Hawth, Hawth Avenue, Crawley
Sunday December 2, 3pm
Tickets £18/child £5
Pianist Mark Bebbington contrasts the sublimely beautiful final Piano Sonata of Schubert with Liszt’s dazzlingly virtuosic Opera Paraphrases: a real treat for lovers of great piano music.
Phone 01293 553636 or visit parkwoodtheatres.co.uk.
- 10 top pop music acts playing Sussex this season
- 20 stars of the Eighties are coming out to play in Sussex this season
- 8 gorgeous places in Sussex to see the glow of autumn colour
- 30 great things for children to see and do this half-term
- Get your curious kids down to Brighton Science Festival for a bit of rocket science, robot wars and some vomiting pumpkins