26/03/2018 - 31/03/2018
Theatre Royal, New Road, Brighton
Monday-Saturday March 26-31, 7.45pm with 2.30pm matinees on Thursday and Saturday
An all-star cast includes Just Good Friends star Paul Nicholas, Coronation Street’s Wendi Peters, Only Fools and Horses star Sue Holderness and Harry Potter actor Jeff Rawle star in Ronald Harwood’s bitter-sweet comedy Quartet. Four ageing opera singers reside in a magnificent retirement home in Kent and soon old rivalries resurface, secrets are revealed and chaos unfolds. The Cheltenham Everyman Theatre production highlights the hilarity of growing old disgracefully.
Phone 0844 871 7650 or visit atgtickets.com.
27/03/2018 - 31/03/2018
Devonshire Park Theatre, Compton Street, Eastbourne
Tuesday-Saturday March 27-31, 7.45pm with 2.30pm matinees on Wednesday and Saturday
Tickets £16-£23.50/concs £1.50 off evening performances only/students and u16s £9/u25s £10
Olivier Award-winning Nichola McAuliffe, the star of TV’s Surgical Spirit and the movies Tomorrow Never Dies and Cheri, plays Miss Havisham in a new stage adaptation by Ken Bentley of the classic by Charles Dickens. Following a terrifying encounter with an escaped convict, young Pip is given a chance to better himself when he visits the reclusive Miss Havisham in her decaying mansion. There, he meets and falls in love with Estella and, with the help of an anonymous benefactor, he moves to the city to win her heart and become part of the educated elite. Picture: Matt Austin.
Phone 01323 412000 or visit eastbournetheatres.co.uk.
- How a loveable collie cross puppy called Flash helped my grief, reveals author of new memoir The Power of Dog
- Lady C of Castle Goring publishes her “positive” new book on the Queen’s marriage
- Poetry readings by Poldark star Jack Farthing are one of the highlights of rebranded international music festival in Alfriston
- Historian campaigns to raise money for Brighton plaque to honour conjoined twin sisters who became Hollywood stars
- For his first book, writer Damian Le Bas picked up the gauntlet thrown down by his ancestors and set off on a journey through his Gypsy heritage