ROH: Bernstein Centenary (12A)
Connaught Theatre, Union Place, Worthing
Thursday March 27, 7.15pm
Tickets £16.50/child and senior £15.50/student £14.50
To celebrate the centenary year of the birth of the composer Leonard Bernstein, one of the first classical composers in America to receive popular and critical acclaim, The Royal Ballet has got together its three associate choreographers to celebrate his music. Bernstein wrote the scores for West Side Story and Fancy Free with Jerome Robbins. The programme includes two world premieres by choreographer Wayne McGregor and artistic associate Christopher Wheeldon, as well as the first revival of Artist in Residence Liam Scarlett’s The Age of Anxiety, created in 2014 to Bernstein’s Second Symphony and inspired by W H Auden’s modernist poem.
Phone 01903 206206 or visit worthingtheatres.co.uk.
Exhibition on Screen Encore: Vincent Van Gogh
The Capitol Horsham, North Street, Horsham
Tuesday March 27, 7.30pm
Tickets £14/concs £12
This award-winning documentary by David Bickerstaff delves into the fascinating and troubled world of the artist Vincent Van Gogh, showcasing his iconic works and featuring interview with the curatorial team at the Van Gogh Museum.
Phone 01403 750220 or visit thecapitolhorsham.com.
- How a loveable collie cross puppy called Flash helped my grief, reveals author of new memoir The Power of Dog
- Lady C of Castle Goring publishes her “positive” new book on the Queen’s marriage
- Poetry readings by Poldark star Jack Farthing are one of the highlights of rebranded international music festival in Alfriston
- Historian campaigns to raise money for Brighton plaque to honour conjoined twin sisters who became Hollywood stars
- For his first book, writer Damian Le Bas picked up the gauntlet thrown down by his ancestors and set off on a journey through his Gypsy heritage