17/03/2018 - 22/09/2018
Bear Grylls Survival Academy: Adult Survival Course
Cowdray Estate, Midhurst
Course dates: March 17-18, April 7-8, September 15-16 and September 22-23
This intense 24-hour survival experience teaches life-saving skills and attitudes such as resourceful and calm under pressure. Students have no tent and limited food and water rations, with participants expected to source food and water from streams and pools. The Cowdray Estate was chosen as a location for its varied terrain, including dense woodland, a long stretch of the Rover Rother, lakes and steep difficult ground. Bear says, “I am super excited our Survival Academy is running at Cowdray. The courses on the estate are designed to be both challenging and empowering. They require courage, determination, positivity and a ‘never give up’ attitude.” Participants must be physically fit and active.
10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Spring Forage with Your Senses
Stanmer Park, Lewes Road, Brighton
Sunday March 25, 10am-1.30pm
Learn how to find edible wild plants using your sight, touch, smell and taste and then make something to eat from your harvest.
Phone 01273 721258 or visit schoolofthewild.com.
- How a loveable collie cross puppy called Flash helped my grief, reveals author of new memoir The Power of Dog
- Lady C of Castle Goring publishes her “positive” new book on the Queen’s marriage
- Poetry readings by Poldark star Jack Farthing are one of the highlights of rebranded international music festival in Alfriston
- Historian campaigns to raise money for Brighton plaque to honour conjoined twin sisters who became Hollywood stars
- For his first book, writer Damian Le Bas picked up the gauntlet thrown down by his ancestors and set off on a journey through his Gypsy heritage