07/02/2018 - 31/03/2018
Pembury House, Ditching Road (New Road) Clayton, Hassocks
February and March
Admission £9/children free. Visitors welcome by arrangement
Around 100 gardens in the National Garden Scheme are opening as part of its Snowdrop Festival and Pembury House is one of them. Its two-acre country garden, with winding paths, has snowdrops and hellebores and visitors can enjoy views of the South Downs National Park.
Phone 01273 842805 or visit pemburyhouse.co.uk.
22/03/2018 - 24/03/2018
Sussex CAMRA Beer & Cider Festival
Brighton Racecourse, Freshfield Road, Brighton
Thursday-Saturday March 22-24, 5pm-10pm on Thursday, 11am-3pm and 5pm-10pm on Friday, 11am-7pm and 3.30pm-7pm on Saturday
At the 28th Sussex CAMRA Beer & Cider Festival, the popular Sussex Bar will showcase the county’s 60 breweries. All the beer will be cooled throughout the festival to ensure excellent condition throughout, and there will be food, including vegetarian and vegan options. Picture: Sean Clarke.
- How a loveable collie cross puppy called Flash helped my grief, reveals author of new memoir The Power of Dog
- Lady C of Castle Goring publishes her “positive” new book on the Queen’s marriage
- Poetry readings by Poldark star Jack Farthing are one of the highlights of rebranded international music festival in Alfriston
- Historian campaigns to raise money for Brighton plaque to honour conjoined twin sisters who became Hollywood stars
- For his first book, writer Damian Le Bas picked up the gauntlet thrown down by his ancestors and set off on a journey through his Gypsy heritage