10:30 am - 1:30 pm
Magnolias: Every Garden Should Have One
Borde Hill Garden, Borde Hill Lane, Haywards Heath
Thursday March 22, 10.30am-1.30pm
Tickets £26/RHS members and Friends £20
Horticulturalist Jim Gardiner, the RHS’s vice president, draws on his RHS experience and his passion for magnolias to advise on the best varieties to grow and gives tips on planting and caring for them. Following the talk, there is a private tour of the garden, when Jim will unveil a new Gardiner Grove planted with specimen magnolias and birches to mark the 125th anniversary of the purchase of Borde Hill by Colonel Stephenson R Clarke in 1893. Borde Hill boasts one of the finest collections of magnolias in England, with many listed as ‘Champion’ trees.
Phone 01444 450326 or visit bordehill.co.uk.
An Evening with Ant Middleton
Assembly Hall, Stoke Abbott Road, Worthing
Thursday March 22, 7.30pm
Tickets £24/concs £22.50/FWT £20.50
Adventurer, survival expert, TV presenter and former elite forces soldier Ant Middleton shares his experiences and exploit as an explorer and expedition leader. He has taken on some extraordinary challenges in the military and for his TV roles in SAS (Who Dares Wins), Mutiny and Escape. As well as relating his life in the military, he goes behind the scenes of his TV shows to give an insight into what really goes on, and reveals his future TV projects.
Phone 01903 206206 or visit worthingtheatres.co.uk.
- How a loveable collie cross puppy called Flash helped my grief, reveals author of new memoir The Power of Dog
- Lady C of Castle Goring publishes her “positive” new book on the Queen’s marriage
- Poetry readings by Poldark star Jack Farthing are one of the highlights of rebranded international music festival in Alfriston
- Historian campaigns to raise money for Brighton plaque to honour conjoined twin sisters who became Hollywood stars
- For his first book, writer Damian Le Bas picked up the gauntlet thrown down by his ancestors and set off on a journey through his Gypsy heritage