James Phelan: Trickster
Chequer Mead Community Arts Centre, De La Warr Road, East Grinstead
Sunday March 10, 7.30pm
Tickets £14.50/pensioners and children £12.50
This is a magic show with a difference: James Phelan performs a comedy magical prank show in which anything can happen – and often does. People are tricked, phones are destroyed, needles are swallowed, all under the magic spell of James, who is the nephew of the late Paul Daniels.
Phone 01342 302000 or visit chequermead.org.uk.
Brighton Centre, Kings Road, Brighton
Saturday March 10, 8pm
Tickets from £39.05
Comedy superstar John Bishop, the king of the one-liners, has a new show called Winging It and he’s touring the country with it. His most recent TV appearances have been on his show John Bishop: In Conversation With… and he’s also hosted The John Bishop Show and John Bishop’s Gorilla Adventure among others.
Phone 0844 847 1515 or visit brightoncentre.co.uk.
- How a loveable collie cross puppy called Flash helped my grief, reveals author of new memoir The Power of Dog
- Lady C of Castle Goring publishes her “positive” new book on the Queen’s marriage
- Poetry readings by Poldark star Jack Farthing are one of the highlights of rebranded international music festival in Alfriston
- Historian campaigns to raise money for Brighton plaque to honour conjoined twin sisters who became Hollywood stars
- For his first book, writer Damian Le Bas picked up the gauntlet thrown down by his ancestors and set off on a journey through his Gypsy heritage