07/02/2018 - 31/03/2018
Pembury House, Ditching Road (New Road) Clayton, Hassocks
February and March
Admission £9/children free. Visitors welcome by arrangement
Around 100 gardens in the National Garden Scheme are opening as part of its Snowdrop Festival and Pembury House is one of them. Its two-acre country garden, with winding paths, has snowdrops and hellebores and visitors can enjoy views of the South Downs National Park.
Phone 01273 842805 or visit pemburyhouse.co.uk.
27/02/2018 - 18/03/2018
Hastings International Musical Festival
White Rock Theatre, White Rock, Hastings
Monday February 27-Saturday March 18
Hastings International Musical Festival, in its 109th year, takes place over three weeks at the White Rock Theatre in Hastings and is a charity that focuses on providing performance opportunities for young performers in dancing, singing, speech and instrumental. Young pianists come from all over the world to compete in the prestigious International Piano Concerto Competition.
Phone 01424 462288 or visit whiterocktheatre.org.uk.
- How a loveable collie cross puppy called Flash helped my grief, reveals author of new memoir The Power of Dog
- Lady C of Castle Goring publishes her “positive” new book on the Queen’s marriage
- Poetry readings by Poldark star Jack Farthing are one of the highlights of rebranded international music festival in Alfriston
- Historian campaigns to raise money for Brighton plaque to honour conjoined twin sisters who became Hollywood stars
- For his first book, writer Damian Le Bas picked up the gauntlet thrown down by his ancestors and set off on a journey through his Gypsy heritage