08/03/2018 - 09/03/2018
The Basement, Argus Lofts, 24 Kensington Street, Brighton
Thursday and Friday March 8 and 9, 8pm
Tickets £10/concs £8. Age 14+
Award-winning breakout star Sophie Willan is on tour with a new that explains why she has had a lifetime of being branded by others. It’s going to be a raucous hour…
Read our feature on International Women’s Day.
Phone 01273 709709 or visit brightondome.org.
Tim Vine: Sunset Milk Idiot
The Hawth, Hawth Avenue, Crawley
Friday March 9, 8pm
Not Going Out star Tim Vine, and winner of the funniest joke at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2010 and 2014, is back on tour with loads of silly new jokes, new handmade props and daft ditties. He will touch on subjects such as pixie, football, ice cream and nibble feeders, saying, “Sunsets are in the sky, milk’s nice and I’m an idiot.”
Phone 01293 553636 or visit parkwoodtheatres.co.uk.
- How a loveable collie cross puppy called Flash helped my grief, reveals author of new memoir The Power of Dog
- Lady C of Castle Goring publishes her “positive” new book on the Queen’s marriage
- Poetry readings by Poldark star Jack Farthing are one of the highlights of rebranded international music festival in Alfriston
- Historian campaigns to raise money for Brighton plaque to honour conjoined twin sisters who became Hollywood stars
- For his first book, writer Damian Le Bas picked up the gauntlet thrown down by his ancestors and set off on a journey through his Gypsy heritage