05/03/2018 - 07/03/2018
The Old Market, 11a Upper Market Street, Hove
Monday-Wednesday March 5-7, 7.30pm
Tickets £12.50/concs £10/TOM’s Friends 15%
Kit has transitioned from female to male in his early 30s, which means he has experienced life on both sides of the gender fence. His biggest challenge comes when he enters a male gym changing room for the first time and is confronted by masculinity in all its forms. This is a refreshingly honest and irreverent physical theatre comedy by Rhum and Clay theatre company, written by Kit Redstone. Picture: Richard Davenport.
Phone 01273 201801 or visit theoldmarket.com.
06/03/2018 - 07/03/2018
Noel Coward’s Private Lives
Connaught Theatre, Union Place, Worthing
Tuesday and Wednesday March 6 and 7, 7.30pm with a 2.30pm matinee on Wednesday
Tickets £19.50/concs £17.50/FWT £15.50/student £10
Noel Coward wrote Private Lives, full of razor-sharp wit and quick-fire dialogue, in three days and this is a new touring production by London Classic Theatre. It is set in the south of France in 1930. Two newly married couples occupy adjoining honeymoon suites in the same hotel. As a distant orchestra plays, Sibyl gazes adoringly at charismatic husband Elyot, while Victor admires his new wife, the vivacious and sophisticated Amanda. Champagne flows and the sea shimmers in the moonlight as the newlyweds prepare for the evening ahead. But when Amanda overhears a familiar voice singing a forgotten song, an old spark reignites, with spectacular consequences.
Phone 01903 206206 or visit worthingtheatres.co.uk.
06/03/2018 - 10/03/2018
Theatre Royal, New Road, Brighton
Tuesday-Saturday March 6-10, 7.45pm with 2.30pm matinees on Thursday and Saturday
The noir thriller Brighton Rock by Graham Greene has been adapted for the stage in this production by writer Bryony Lavery. Fred is found dead – but they deny it was murder. Rose is in love – and they say she’s in danger. Pinkie is evil… but what has he done? This is a new production by Pilot Theatre and York Theatre Royal.
Phone 0844 871 7650 or visit atgtickets.com.
- How a loveable collie cross puppy called Flash helped my grief, reveals author of new memoir The Power of Dog
- Lady C of Castle Goring publishes her “positive” new book on the Queen’s marriage
- Poetry readings by Poldark star Jack Farthing are one of the highlights of rebranded international music festival in Alfriston
- Historian campaigns to raise money for Brighton plaque to honour conjoined twin sisters who became Hollywood stars
- For his first book, writer Damian Le Bas picked up the gauntlet thrown down by his ancestors and set off on a journey through his Gypsy heritage