24/02/2018 - 04/03/2018
Rye Bay Scallop Week
Saturday February 24-Sunday March 4
Various venues in Rye and district
It’s shucking time again. More than 30 restaurants in Rye are putting together scallop dishes in preparation for this year’s Rye Bay Scallop Week, an opportunity to indulge in seafood delights. The most popular ingredient this year is chorizo, with garlic, coriander, lemon and chilli also being paired with scallops. Among the events during the week are tasting events, cookery schools and demonstrations, plus live music. Picture: scallops at the Flackley Ash Hotel, Peasmarsh.
Read our feature on Rye Bay Scallop Week.
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
The Big Cheese Festival
Hove Lawns, Kingsway, Hove
Saturday March 3, 10am-6pm
In the food court, some of the finest international cheesemakers and mongers showcase their cheeses, ranging from halloumi fries, mozzarella sticks, raclette, fondue and artisan cheeses, plus wine and port pairings, homemade chutney combinations and a range of utensils for sale. There are also bars serving craft beers, liquor and wine, comedy, local bands and cheesy DJs performing a selection of jazz, funk and R’n’Brie.
2:30 pm - 7:00 pm
The Wine Room Experience
Jilly Goolden’s Wine Room, Ashdown Forest
Saturday March 3, 2.30pm-7pm
£125pp including wines, tea and cakes, champagne and canapés
Wine critic Jilly Goolden, who presented TV’s Food & Drink show for nearly two decades, runs a wine school with a difference. This is a very personal wine tasting with Jilly, who demystifies the whats, whys and hows of wines of the world and guides guests towards some wines to try at home.
- New thought-provoking exhibition in Worthing explores Europe as a safe home
- Photographer gives candid and sometimes humorous view of bygone Sussex in an exhibition of black and white photographs
- The feminism and creativity of Virginia Woolf shine through in an exhibition of works by 80 female artists in Chichester
- Superstar soprano Katherine Jenkins headlines Proms in the Park summer music festival
- A bright and bold touring bandstand and Poldark action horses are the star attractions at the South of England Show