24/02/2018 - 04/03/2018
Rye Bay Scallop Week
Saturday February 24-Sunday March 4
Various venues in Rye and district
It’s shucking time again. More than 30 restaurants in Rye are putting together scallop dishes in preparation for this year’s Rye Bay Scallop Week, an opportunity to indulge in seafood delights. The most popular ingredient this year is chorizo, with garlic, coriander, lemon and chilli also being paired with scallops. Among the events during the week are tasting events, cookery schools and demonstrations, plus live music. Picture: scallops at the Flackley Ash Hotel, Peasmarsh.
Read our feature on Rye Bay Scallop Week.
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Bluebell Farmhouse Kitchen Cookery School, Bates Green Farm, Tye Hill Road, Arlington
Thursday March 1, 10am-3.30pm
Learn how to make pastry and meat pies and other homecooked dishes that are seasonal. Ingredients and recipes are provided and the food you make goes home with you.
Phone 01323 483145 or visit bluebellfarmhousekitchen.co.uk.
- New thought-provoking exhibition in Worthing explores Europe as a safe home
- Photographer gives candid and sometimes humorous view of bygone Sussex in an exhibition of black and white photographs
- The feminism and creativity of Virginia Woolf shine through in an exhibition of works by 80 female artists in Chichester
- Superstar soprano Katherine Jenkins headlines Proms in the Park summer music festival
- A bright and bold touring bandstand and Poldark action horses are the star attractions at the South of England Show