07/02/2018 - 31/03/2018
Pembury House, Ditching Road (New Road) Clayton, Hassocks
February and March
Admission £9/children free. Visitors welcome by arrangement
Around 100 gardens in the National Garden Scheme are opening as part of its Snowdrop Festival and Pembury House is one of them. Its two-acre country garden, with winding paths, has snowdrops and hellebores and visitors can enjoy views of the South Downs National Park.
Phone 01273 842805 or visit pemburyhouse.co.uk.
24/02/2018 - 04/03/2018
Rye Bay Scallop Week
Saturday February 24-Sunday March 4
Various venues in Rye and district
It’s shucking time again. More than 30 restaurants in Rye are putting together scallop dishes in preparation for this year’s Rye Bay Scallop Week, an opportunity to indulge in seafood delights. The most popular ingredient this year is chorizo, with garlic, coriander, lemon and chilli also being paired with scallops. Among the events during the week are tasting events, cookery schools and demonstrations, plus live music. Picture: scallops at the Flackley Ash Hotel, Peasmarsh.
Read our feature on Rye Bay Scallop Week.
- New thought-provoking exhibition in Worthing explores Europe as a safe home
- Photographer gives candid and sometimes humorous view of bygone Sussex in an exhibition of black and white photographs
- The feminism and creativity of Virginia Woolf shine through in an exhibition of works by 80 female artists in Chichester
- Superstar soprano Katherine Jenkins headlines Proms in the Park summer music festival
- A bright and bold touring bandstand and Poldark action horses are the star attractions at the South of England Show