22/02/2018 - 24/02/2018
Nunsense: The Mega Musical
Regis Centre, Belmont Street, Bognor Regis
Thursday-Saturday February 22-24, 7.30pm with a 2.30pm matinee on Saturday
Tickets £14/concs £12/NUS £8
Students of Musical Theatre and Arts Development at the University of Chichester stage a musical comedy about a group of nuns desperately trying to raise money after finding themselves in a strange situation. After 52 of them die mysteriously, they’ve raised enough money to bury 48, but that still leaves four bodies in the cook’s freezer. They stage a show to raise more funds – but will the inspector find out? This is a fundraiser for the Regis Centre.
Phone 01243 861010 or visit alexandratheatre.co.uk.
George Egg - DIY Chef
Chequer Mead Community Arts Centre, De La Warr Road, East Grinstead
Friday February 23, 7.30pm
Tickets £14/pensioners and students £12
Award-winning comedian George Egg, famed for his shows demonstrating how to prepare and cook meals using equipment in hotel rooms, has a new show. In DIY Chef, George‘s doctor has told him he needs to rethink his culinary habits and as a result his family have banned him from using the kitchen. They’ve banished him to the shed. But George simply has to keep cooking and his unstoppable urge to be creative means inventive solutions and some seriously tasty food. It’s a cross between stand-up comedy and an illustrated lecture.
Read our interview with George Egg.
Phone 01342 302000 or visit chequermead.org.uk.
Seriously Funny Comedy Club
Clair Hall, Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath
Friday February 23, 8pm
This once-a-month comedy night promises two hours of the latest stand-up acts on the UK comedy circuit.
Phone 01444 455440 or visit clairhall.org.
- New thought-provoking exhibition in Worthing explores Europe as a safe home
- Photographer gives candid and sometimes humorous view of bygone Sussex in an exhibition of black and white photographs
- The feminism and creativity of Virginia Woolf shine through in an exhibition of works by 80 female artists in Chichester
- Superstar soprano Katherine Jenkins headlines Proms in the Park summer music festival
- A bright and bold touring bandstand and Poldark action horses are the star attractions at the South of England Show