The Big Sick (15)
Ropetackle Arts Centre, Little High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea
Thursday February 22, 2pm
In this 2017 movie, a Pakistani-born comedian and a student fall in love but as their cultures clash, they are forced to confront family expectations and their true feelings. It stars Kumail Nanjiani, Zoe Kazan and Holly Hunter.
Phone 01273 464440 or visit ropetacklecentre.co.uk.
NT: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Connaught Theatre, Union Place, Worthing
Thursday February 22, 7pm
Tickets £14.50/concs £13.50
Broadcast live from the National Theatre is the all-star revival of the 20th century masterpiece by Tennessee Williams. Hollywood actors Jack O’Connell, Sienna Miller and Colm Meaney star with Call The Midwife actress Hayley Squires in the play set on a steamy night in Mississippi. A Southern family gather at their cotton plantation to celebrate Big Daddy’s birthday. The scorching heat is almost as oppressive as the lies they tell. Brick and Maggie dance round the secrets and sexual tensions that threaten to destroy their marriage. With the future of the family at stake, which version of the truth is real – and which will win out? The production is directed by Benedict Andrews.
Phone 01903 206206 or visit worthingtheatres.co.uk.
- Tim Key’s new show is an intricate web of pithy poems and playful anecdotes, short films and elaborate stunts – plus lager
- Awesome alliums burst into bloom in Arundel Castle gardens
- Teenage Game of Thrones star Brenock O’Connor lands first lead role in feel-good football film
- Rolls-Royce unveils Cullinan, its new super-luxury SUV born and bred at Goodwood
- Family is the theme of the first exhibition of works by a frustrated artist 10 years after becoming a father