07/02/2018 - 31/03/2018
Pembury House, Ditching Road (New Road) Clayton, Hassocks
February and March
Admission £9/children free. Visitors welcome by arrangement
Around 100 gardens in the National Garden Scheme are opening as part of its Snowdrop Festival and Pembury House is one of them. Its two-acre country garden, with winding paths, has snowdrops and hellebores and visitors can enjoy views of the South Downs National Park.
Phone 01273 842805 or visit pemburyhouse.co.uk.
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Getting the Garden Ready
Great Dixter, Northiam, Rye
Monday February 19, 10am-4.30pm
Great Dixter’s head gardener Fergus Garrett takes participants on a look behind the scenes at the preparation and planning that happens to get such a complex garden ready through the winter for spring and summer. During this in-depth ‘how to’ event, there will be a look t the garden timetable. composting and soil preparation, weeding, thinning out of self-sowers, working off boards, splitting, dividing and planting self-sowers, timing of seed sowing and pricking out, choosing annuals and pruning. Refreshments and lunch are included.
Phone 01797 252878 or visit greatdixter.co.uk.
- Tim Key’s new show is an intricate web of pithy poems and playful anecdotes, short films and elaborate stunts – plus lager
- Awesome alliums burst into bloom in Arundel Castle gardens
- Teenage Game of Thrones star Brenock O’Connor lands first lead role in feel-good football film
- Rolls-Royce unveils Cullinan, its new super-luxury SUV born and bred at Goodwood
- Family is the theme of the first exhibition of works by a frustrated artist 10 years after becoming a father