10/01/2018 - 21/02/2018
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Creative Writing Workshop
The Hawth, Hawth Avenue, Crawley
Wednesdays January 10-February 21, 2pm-4pm
Tickets £6 per session
This six-week course, which marks The Hawth’s 30th anniversary, provides plenty of writing practice and teaches a wide range of techniques. It aims for participants to produce a collection of stories for the theatre’s 30th anniversary celebrations, drawing inspiration from the place, its people and its history.
Phone 01293 553636 or visit parkwoodtheatres.co.uk.
The Basement, Argus Lofts, 24 Kensington Street, Brighton
Friday February 16, 7.30pm
Tickets £6.50/open mic concession £3
Brighton’s new spoken word showcase features top UK artists, local musicians, a poet in residence, poetry film and an open mic. Hosted by Rosy Carrick and featuring Anthony Anaxagorou (above), poet in residence Sea SharpMusic (below), and Chuck S J Hay. Each month will have a theme and this one is ‘change’. The performers will share work interpreting the theme. To take part, email email@example.com.
Phone 01273 709709 or visit brightondome.org.
- New thought-provoking exhibition in Worthing explores Europe as a safe home
- Photographer gives candid and sometimes humorous view of bygone Sussex in an exhibition of black and white photographs
- The feminism and creativity of Virginia Woolf shine through in an exhibition of works by 80 female artists in Chichester
- Superstar soprano Katherine Jenkins headlines Proms in the Park summer music festival
- A bright and bold touring bandstand and Poldark action horses are the star attractions at the South of England Show