10/01/2018 - 21/02/2018
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Creative Writing Workshop
The Hawth, Hawth Avenue, Crawley
Wednesdays January 10-February 21, 2pm-4pm
Tickets £6 per session
This six-week course, which marks The Hawth’s 30th anniversary, provides plenty of writing practice and teaches a wide range of techniques. It aims for participants to produce a collection of stories for the theatre’s 30th anniversary celebrations, drawing inspiration from the place, its people and its history.
Phone 01293 553636 or visit parkwoodtheatres.co.uk.
Jo Swinson MP
Ropetackle Arts Centre, Little High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea
Thursday February 15, 7pm
Jo Swinson, deputy leader of the Liberal Democrats and former government minister for women, discusses her new book Equal Power, which holds a mirror up to society showing the extent of gender inequality while making the case that everyone has the power to create change. There is much we can do as friends, consumers, parents and colleagues to create a world of equal power and in her book, she outlines the steps we can take to make society gender equal. The event is organised by City Books, Hove.
Phone 01273 464440 or visit ropetacklecentre.co.uk.
- New thought-provoking exhibition in Worthing explores Europe as a safe home
- Photographer gives candid and sometimes humorous view of bygone Sussex in an exhibition of black and white photographs
- The feminism and creativity of Virginia Woolf shine through in an exhibition of works by 80 female artists in Chichester
- Superstar soprano Katherine Jenkins headlines Proms in the Park summer music festival
- A bright and bold touring bandstand and Poldark action horses are the star attractions at the South of England Show