10/01/2018 - 21/02/2018
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Creative Writing Workshop
The Hawth, Hawth Avenue, Crawley
Wednesdays January 10-February 21, 2pm-4pm
Tickets £6 per session
This six-week course, which marks The Hawth’s 30th anniversary, provides plenty of writing practice and teaches a wide range of techniques. It aims for participants to produce a collection of stories for the theatre’s 30th anniversary celebrations, drawing inspiration from the place, its people and its history.
Phone 01293 553636 or visit parkwoodtheatres.co.uk.
The Last Wilderness: Book Launch and Q&A with author Neil Ansell
Waterstones, 71-74 North Street, Brighton
Thursday February 8, 7.30pm
Free, registration required
Award-winning BBC television journalist Neil Ansell has travelled in almost 50 countries and has written for The Guardian, the New Statesman and the Big Issue. His latest book, The Last Wilderness: A Journey into Silence, which is published today, is a nature memoir about the changing landscape of the Scottish Highlands juxtaposed with Neil’s struggle to come to terms with his hearing loss. Neil will be interviewed by author and journalist Alexandra Heminsley and answer questions from the audience. To register your name on the guest list, email email@example.com.
Phone 01273 206017 or visit waterstones.com.
An Evening with Peter James
Theatre Royal, New Road, Brighton
Thursday February 8, 7.45pm
Brighton’s most famous crime writer Peter James, who has sold more than 30million books in 37 languages, talks about his career and his books, giving an insight into the mind of the creator of the detective Roy Grace. Picture: Maxim Aryukov.
Phone 0844 871 7650 or visit atgtickets.com.
- New thought-provoking exhibition in Worthing explores Europe as a safe home
- Photographer gives candid and sometimes humorous view of bygone Sussex in an exhibition of black and white photographs
- The feminism and creativity of Virginia Woolf shine through in an exhibition of works by 80 female artists in Chichester
- Superstar soprano Katherine Jenkins headlines Proms in the Park summer music festival
- A bright and bold touring bandstand and Poldark action horses are the star attractions at the South of England Show